Tuesday, April 11, 2006

a belated greeting

Because I had no chance until now to post this, I am writing a belated birthday greeting to the best youth pastor EVER.

To celebrate, I will sing--type--the lyrics to the song we wrote for you a few years back. Lyrics can be sung to the tune of Gangstaz Paradise (Coolio) or Amish Paradise (Weird Al). We suggest the latter.

As I walk through the Assembly where I pastor the youth
I ponder the prospects of the things I'd like to do
A perfect idea for a summer retreat
Where I will invite all the sixth graders I'll meet

At 5:30 on a Wednesday I'm moving chairs
I'm shooting up some pool
And I'm saying prayers, dude
Cuz I'm pretty sure that before too long
They'll be flooding through the doors
But, soon, they'll be gone

I might make up some new words
But did you hear what I said?
I got a Bible in my hand and no hair on my head
But if I finish my devotions, and you finish yours
Then I promise that next week
You'll get a bling-bling reward

Been working with my wife in this Hibbing AG paradise
It's hard work and sacrifice in this Hibbing AG paradise
BOOYA!

I love you, dude!

2 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, April 11, 2006, Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

Hey!
Best Post of the Day Award from a guy who reads them ALL.

Way to go, Brookie...

 
At 10:48 PM, April 11, 2006, Blogger Shainerz said...

You gals are GREAT. Very very creative :) You're right about the best youth pastor EVER.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home