Friday, August 04, 2006

camp confusion

Hello, everyone.
I bet you noticed that I am posting today, which I shouldn't be. Because right now we would be leaving the best place on earth and arriving around 5pm, which means the library is closed and I wouldn't be posting on my blog until Monday. So, why am I posting, then? Well, that is the topic of this post.
Camp was great! The services were awesome as usual, and God did some major repair in my brain that some certain people have damaged (it is none of you, I assure it). It's always nice to get away from everyone for a whole week. It was probably late Monday or Tuesday that some people starting getting sick. The nurse called it diavomarheea, which is both of those things mixed together. Dozens of kids were getting sick and no one knew why. I went to choir Wednesday night and following was prayer, I was going to follow Nat, Jenn, and Chelsea in there, but I felt as if I was going to pass out. I went out and got some air and got no better. During service my stomach hurt terribly and I just started crying, so Natalie brought me half way to the nurse and we saw Mike who brought me the rest of the way. I had no signs for awhile, but they came shortly after I layed on the couch near the nurse. I was sent to my room, and later on someone else got sick in our room that night (good thing we had a garbage). The state came to check things out, and it turns out that the camp was contaminated with something called the Noro virus, which is pretty much the stomach flu, except you get it by direct contact of vomit or...other stuff. As of yesterday morning, we were the smallest of four outbreaks in Minnesota and by mid-day yesterday, we were the largest. We were happy about that. Probably about half the camp was sick. We were all forced to go home a day early, the "sick" kids riding with other "sick" kids, and "healthy" kids riding with other "healthy" kids, even though all are contaminated. That was an interesting ride home. Luckily, I wasn't the only Hibbing person. So, that's why I'm home early. Sounds like something that should be on the X-Files, right? We didn't get to find out which team won (GO ALOHA AIRLINS. TEAM TWO IS BETTER THAN YOU.) or we didn't get to see the camp video. This was a week of firsts at Lake Geneva Bible camp. Oh yeah, and we have a coffee shop. Sweet.

A happier camp post coming soon.

4 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, August 04, 2006, Blogger JC said...

Oh my gosh...what a bummer you had to leave camp early. I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad the week wasn't a total bust and the Lord touched your brain as well as your heart.
Miss you!

 
At 2:15 AM, August 08, 2006, Blogger East said...

Sorry to hear that camp was closed early. But glad to hear that God worked in your lives despite the goings on. I hope he continues his work in you now that you are back.

My cousin also got the Noro Virus, and his body was very unhappy about it. I am almost glad that I didn't go to camp. Almost.

Check it!

 
At 7:39 PM, August 08, 2006, Blogger Faye... said...

I REMEMBER THOSE DAY'S...WHAT IS NOW YOUR GYM WAS OUR WORSHIP CENTER. THAT PLACE HAS BEEN THERE FOREVER! I WONDER IF THE SAME "LUNCH LADY" IS THERE ~ AS WHEN I WENT...YIKES!
SORRY TO HEAR 'BOUT THE BUG THAT INFECTED EVERYONE.
DO YOU GUY'S STILL TAKE THOSE PICTURES OF THE WHOLE CAMP ON THE LAKE STEPS?
I WAS FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT IN 5TH GRADE @ LAKE GENEVA , I STILL REMEMBER THAT HARD , COLD , CEMENT FLOOR AND THE BRIGHT LIGHTS THAT HUNG DOWN ON THOSE OLD ROPE CORDS. THERE WERE NO BOY'S WHEN I WENT , JUST GIRLS! THE BOY'S CAME @ ANOTHER TIME.
AS I READ YOUR BLOG , YOU CERTAINLY BROUGHT BACK ALOT OF MEMORIES!
SEE YA!

 
At 2:15 PM, August 09, 2006, Blogger Jenni said...

HAHAHAHAHA! I still find it funny that I'm glad we got sent home early. You of all people know that camp is the best thing on earth. And that I would gladly LIVE at LGCC, but we have the best camp story of alllll time. No one else but the people who were there can have that story. It is sooo cool. haha.

tootles! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home