Wednesday, June 22, 2005

napoleon dynamite



Napoleon Dynamite. A familiar name to just about every American citizen. Many of you realize that just by seeing that movie once, a person's vocabulary has taken a major turn for the worst, adding phrases such as "Flippin Idiot!" "Sweet!" "You bodaggit!" You get the picture, and if you have seen the movie, I'm sure you can think of many more phrases. Some people are so consumed by the movie that they say other phrases in the Napoleon Dynamite voice which makes you sound completely stupid. Here is something that happened to me at good ol' Wal-Mart just last night. But before I tell you, here is some background information. I babysat for the Broberg's and Amber came over to drop off her thank-you card, so she just offered to bring me home, so before she brought me home, we went to Wal-Mart. We did our stuff at Wal-Mart, and I had this major craving for Mountain Dew. Amber got her purchases and I rushed to the vending machines.. I put in my dollar and pushed the big button with a clear photo of a 20 oz. bottle of Mountain Dew. Sold out?! NOOOOOOOOOO! I then pushed the next Mountain Dew button that I saw out of the corner of my eye. "Thank you, now dispensing." Diet?! NOOOOOOOOOO! Amber was also going to get a soda, but she offered to take the diet, since that is what she preferred over regular, and she gave me a $1.50 to buy it in the store (it's cheaper in the store than in the vending machines, HA!) I grab a Mountain Dew and rush to the nearest open aisle. The man scans the bottle and I give him the $1.50. Now, the conversation:


Guy: Umm, that'll be $1.26
Me (as I hand him the money): There you go.
Guy: Thanks. He now pushes the change button, and the screen says that I would get $1.24 in change. Sweet!
Me: Sweet! I get $1.24 back in change? Sweet!
Guy: No, sorry, I made a typo.
Me: Crap!
Guy: You've been watching Napoleon Dynamite, haven't you?
Me (while walking away): Nooooo...
Guy: Yes you have. I can tell by the pattern in your voice. Don't even TRY and lie to me!
Me: Ohh, SNAP! (ok, maybe this final line didn't occur, but it certainly would've been a riot if I had done so)

So, the moral of the story? This world would be so much better off without Napoleon Dynamite. But Kip on the other hand...

14 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, June 23, 2005, Blogger Ben (discipleofElyon) said...

I totally agree Napolean Dynamite has turned every person who has seen it into a... weirdo.
What is up w/ Jason's blog? He changed the templet and now I can't post comments.

-Ben

 
At 2:02 PM, June 23, 2005, Blogger Ben (discipleofElyon) said...

Where did you get the miniclip gif?

 
At 5:31 PM, June 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like you said,"Every American citizen," I had no clue what it was until I talked to my dad on Father's day. Kinda sad.
~mike

 
At 10:23 PM, June 24, 2005, Blogger Jenni said...

Not really Mike. You have a very good reason.

tootles! :)

 
At 11:52 PM, June 24, 2005, Blogger Jason said...

I am sorry about the template PA said he is going to take a look to see if he can fix it if not I will just have to change the template back, brooke told me about the template, sorry to all you who have seen it, it may look sinister but I am just a huge star wars fan sorry

 
At 11:18 PM, June 26, 2005, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Sorry Ben. I tried having Jason's template as my own but I had the same problem he had so I thought I would try it out with him but he had the same problem.. Oh, and I stole the miniclip gif from one of my friends.. You can steal it from me if you wish.

 
At 11:19 PM, June 26, 2005, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Just about every American citizen. Sorry, Mikey.

 
At 1:03 PM, June 27, 2005, Blogger Ben (discipleofElyon) said...

OK, I added the gif to my big collection of GIFs (incase u don' know, that is what most small emotions are called).
ttyl

 
At 1:15 PM, June 27, 2005, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

I know what they're called.. I'm a computer nerd (sorta).

 
At 1:25 PM, June 29, 2005, Blogger JC said...

Well said Brooke!

 
At 4:18 PM, June 30, 2005, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Thanks, JC.

And, Mike, I'm sorry you ever heard about Napoleon Dynamite. You should just forget about it and never watch it. Seriously. You will thank me later.

 
At 11:48 AM, July 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Napoleon Dynamite is soooo Yesterday!!!
anonymous

 
At 11:48 AM, July 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Napoleon Dynamite is soooo Yesterday!!!
anonymous

 
At 10:48 AM, July 05, 2005, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

True that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home