Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A smile is a universal expression of happiness and is recognized as such by all cultures. Smiling releases endorfments that make us feel better.. Even faking a smile makes you feel better. Some people do not realize that a simple smile or hello can brighten someone's day. I was walking around with my good friend today and we walked on main street sticking up fliers and some of the people in the stores were just so smiley (sadly, none of them were Dave) and happy that I couldn't help but smile. One man, Matt (he owns a computer store on Howard), greeted us with "Sup?" and I couldn't help but laugh... uncontrollably. Yes, that's me for ya. He simply said "Sorry, I'm crazy." I replied with "I know" because I had recognized the guy from a midnight showing of Spiderman 2 (it's a long story).. We talked about that for awhile and I don't think he realized how that brightened my day. Happy, funny people brighten my day more than they think (if they think anything of it in the first place). So, even if you're feeling down, try to smile (even if you fake it, like I said before.. It'll eventually make you feel better!!), you don't know who's day you'll brighten (some people may not get through the day until they see that smile). So, stay happy, stay healthy, get out there, and SMILE!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Shainerz said...

:D
You're so right!

 
At 9:44 AM, November 23, 2005, Blogger Natalie said...

haha, putting up fliers is fun, but smiling is funner!
love, natalie

 
At 1:56 PM, November 23, 2005, Blogger Jason said...

I know Matt, he owns E Z Smooth, that guy is awesome, he graduated with my sister, I have bought all of my computer parts and accesories from he store. I remember that one night we were walking in Walmart we saw him there too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home