Monday, August 01, 2005

song of the week : who i am hates who i've been

Before we get to the lyrics of the song.. I just wanted to apologize to anyone reading this.. If I have ever done something to hurt you or if I ever let you down.. I just want to take it back right now. I just have to learn to control my tongue. I am really sensative and overreact and when that happens my tongue slips I say stuff that I don't mean at all and it just gets people upset with me. I just have to learn not to overreact and also to control my tongue. So, please be patient with me because it has been a habit for quite sometime and I just need to break free from it.. So if you could pray for God to give me strength and to help me breakaway, it would be greatly appreciated because that it was I need most right now.


Who I am Hates who I've Been by Relient K

I watched the proverbial sunrise
coming up over the Pacific and
you might think I'm losing my mind,
but I will shy away from the specifics...

'cause I don't want you to know where I am
'cause then you'll see my heart
in the saddest state it's ever been.

This is no place to try and live my life.

[Pre-Chorus]
Stop right there. That's exactly where I lost it.
See that line. Well I never should have crossed it.
Stop right there. Well I never should have said that it's the very moment that
I wish that I could take back.

[Chorus]
I'm sorry for the person I became.
I'm sorry that it took so long for me to change.
I'm ready to try and never become that way again
'cause who I am hates who I've been.
Who I am hates who I've been.

I talk to absolutely no one.
Couldn't keep to myself enough.
And the things bottled inside have finally begun
to create so much pressure that I’ll soon blow up.

I heard the reverberating footsteps
sinking up to the beating of my heart,
and I was positive that unless I got myself together,
I would watch me fall apart.

And I can’t let that happen again
‘cause then you’ll see my heart
in the saddest state it’s ever been.

This is no place to try and live my life.

[Pre-Chorus x2]
[Chorus]

Who I am hates who I've been
and who I am won’t take the second chance you gave me.
Who I am hates who I’ve been
‘cause who I’ve been only ever made me...

So sorry for the person I became.
So sorry that it took so long for me to change.
I’m ready to try and never become that way again
‘cause who I am hates who I’ve been.
Who I am hates who I’ve been.

5 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, August 01, 2005, Blogger Ben (discipleofElyon) said...

I'll pray for you...
In responce to what happened to my blog,
I tried to change my templet and things went crazy. I'm going to try to fix it or just scrap the whole thing and go back to the old one.

 
At 12:12 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger jac-atac said...

I apologize too.

Gosh it's hot outside.

 
At 2:26 PM, August 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:31 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:53 PM, August 06, 2005, Blogger Shainerz said...

I think we all tend to say things we don't mean. But, you can't (like big red said) beat yourself up over it. Pray that God will give you the patience with people and I will too. You have a lot of good qualities about you, so don't let this bring you down!
*Jesus loves you and so do I*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home