Thursday, August 04, 2005

Ignore that last post.
What last post?
I don't know what you're talking about.
What?
Exactly.

A common phobia is dentophobia - the fear of dentists. As a child, I never had dentophobia and firmly stated that I would not be afraid of something as common as a dentist. Well, as of now I am questioning myself as a wee one. At 2:20 PM today, I had an appointment at the oral surgeon's office in the lowest floor of the hospital to determine a date for my execu--surgery. He said a few things to creep me out but was very reassuring. We then had to decide on a date and we decided Thursday, August 11 at 11:00 AM. BUT WAIT! If my team wins the "ultimate reward" for Summer Survivor over the ones that probably will win then.. WE GET TO GO TO VALLEY FAIR! So, obviously, I had to state that that is one important event that I cannot miss if we win. I said that I had never been there before and the lady at the front desk yelled at my dad for never taking me there and we left. We then went to the orthodontist to schedule an appointment for the braces to be glued onto my chompers THE DAY BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS. Oh, grand. I'll be even cooler now.

6 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

NEW PICTURE! YEAAAAAAAAAAH! I've been looking for hours for this dumb thing.

 
At 5:26 PM, August 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool...sorry, i don't have much to say...

 
At 5:39 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger jac-atac said...

execu--surgery. I love it. :D

 
At 2:29 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Ben (discipleofElyon) said...

I like going to the dentist. But I never have had cavities either. In responce to question. Me taking a 30 minute nap at the lock in caused my body to shut down and then I was very tired.

 
At 10:31 AM, August 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kid. lots of people have braces. No biggie. you need to speak more positively about yourself and not put yourself down so much. There is a ton of power in the words we speak. So start practicing...look in the mirror and say... I am pretty, I am a good person, God made me in His image, God has an amazing plan for my life.
Sounds sarcastic perhaps...but I assure you I am totally serious. Please do that for me. Everyday. I'll be checking in to see if you did it.
SWC (someone who cares)

 
At 10:07 PM, August 06, 2005, Blogger Shainerz said...

Hey Brooke Devine- lots of people have braces! I did for two years. Of course, I didn't enjoy the pain they gave me once in awhile, but, it's worth it in the end! That's for sure. Also, I had to surgically get my teeth out before- it's no biggie at all. At least you'll have an excuse to eat shakes/malts and mashed potatoes for awhile! :) Only for about a day or so. Don't worry about not going to Valley Fair, your team's not going to win. JK! You guys have a better chance than we do now. The red WILL rebel....maybe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home