Monday, September 19, 2005

NTLAPD


The anagram which is the title of this post, stands for National Talk Like A Pirate Day. So, Happy National Talk like a Jack Sparrow Day! Arr, pirate day! And no, I am not going to do this post in pirate speak. Maybe a little.

School has been going fine, Algebra is really annoying and confusing, not to mention pointless. Why do I need to know how fast one train is going compared to another when all I'm going to be doing every day is asking people "Do you want fries with that?" (Or, today, "But why is the rum gone?") I think not. Today was the opening day of Homecoming week, one of two great weeks out of the whole year. The days aren't that great this year, today was scrub day (a grand day), tomorrow is brainiac day, followed by fake an injury day, dress your best, and finally, school spirit. The days I'm not dressing up for are brainiac day and fake an injury day, because that's just stupid. I was thinking of wearing one of those arrows on my head that gives the illusion as if it is through your head, but I don't have one, who does? I can't think of anything clever for brainiac day or fake an injury day, I'm simply not clever enough. Ooh, how about a wooden leg and an eye patch?! Anywho, today was also the assembly (it wasn't shattered, sadly) to introduce the Homecoming candidates, and I got it through my head that our school likes clapping a lot. When waiting for these things to start, someone starts doing the slow movie clap, and it gradually gets faster. Today, whenever Mr. Riach would say something such as, "We're doing great at keeping the school clean, keep it up! Remember, no food or drink in the auditorium" we would all give him a round of applause, and I found it quite humorous. I learned a new game today, but I cheated on accident, so it wasn't as fun for the other people and myself. Oh well. I also got the back braces on today, and got my wires changed. I wanted to have the silver rubber bands once again, but I believe I promised someone I would get blue & white. Well, sorry, person, but I just got blue. My teeth will be the white. Err, off-white. You get the picture. Arr!

As I was reading my Bible the other day, I came across a verse that caught my attention, more than the others.

Proverbs 3:25-6

"Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared."

This passage reminded me of the recent hurricane and how it was handled. It should've been handled calmly, but I'm assuming that everything can't be handled calmly when your city is drowning, and obviously, people would be in a panic. They should've been confident that God would see them all through and that everything would be OK. We can continue to pray for them, their families, and their plan for the future. Hopefully this disaster changed people's hearts and they now look at life a different way because of it. Good luck, mayteys!

4 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, September 19, 2005, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

OK, that last paragraph made no sense whatsoever. My apologies.

 
At 7:38 PM, September 19, 2005, Blogger Jenni said...

Brooke, you're not dressing up? I totally am, especially braniac day. Don't turn into the speck. Well, by the time you read this, it'll all be over anyways.

tootles! :)

 
At 4:52 PM, September 20, 2005, Blogger Ben (discipleofElyon) said...

Fake injury day, ooh lots of ideas. anyway. I like algebra last year but that is me cuz i'm a weird homeschooler.
speaking of the stuff with katrina, did you know that in texas, FEMA and the Red Cross are only caring for 30,000 people out of the 250,000 who came. the local churches are caring for the rest. how cool is that?
God Bless,
Ben

 
At 10:20 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger JC said...

"We're the pirates, who don't do anyting, we just stay home, and lie around. And if you ask us, we'll tell you, we're the pirates...who don't do anything".
(ok- that's overboard- I'm just the parent of a pre-schooler)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home