Wednesday, August 10, 2005

summer survivor : the game of death

Well, the final event of Summer Survivor was quite interesting.. We played city wide capture the flag and blacklight bowling. First, the capture the flag.

They split up the town into three chunks, one chunk being one teams territory, and that team's base is hidden inside their territory. The Green Base was at the Murden's, the Red base was at the Pearson's, and our (Blue) base was at the Rewards's. Natalie, Charity, and Brandon stayed at our base to guard the banner, while Matt and I went searching for the Green scavenger flags (two flags in each territory that we had to find by one clue given to each team) while Chelsea and Trevor went for the Red's. After we did that, Matt and I had an idea to try to steal the Green's banner. It was almost 4 o'clock, which is good, because at the top of every hour the POW's (the people from one team who were tagged by green, for example, in green's territory) were set free. Matt went out first and was apparently tagged and set free at 4. I lost track of time and was caught a few minutes after four, so I had to stay in jail for about an hour. Jason caught me (big surprise). While we had some laughs at the jail (watching Jason chase all the girls from Red) Matt came to save me, which he didn't. He had this brilliant idea to grab the banner instead. He got tagged. After I was set free I attempted to wait at the base for some "visitors" that we were expecting. Sure enough, Josh drives by in the Explorer with Anthony, Andy, and Jason in it ready to attack. So, I'm standing there with Charity when way down yonder I spot a Jason and an Anthony. I start screaming for Cheslea and she quickly gets out of the kiddie pool (ha, we had a kiddie pool and sprinkler with a trampoline). Charity runs to the back of the house to be on the look out for attackers. Chelsea chases after Andy. I'm left alone at the flag. NOT GOOD. Jason appears out of nowhere and I'm illegally close to the flag. I start screaming for Charity (who I still thought was in the back), but she doesn't come. Jason reminds me that I can't be that close to the flag so I groan and move to the side. Dang kid, he steals our banner. I start chasing after him (what a time for my legs not to work) and he gets about half a block in front of me so I start tearing up and I take my shame walk back to the base and I see Anthony walking alone. I sneak up on him and almost get him, then Josh drives up and saves him. Woohoo. Ruth comes along to pick up me and Charity to get the flag back from Green. We're walking and I see Josh about a block down.. We start running back to the getaway van while I'm screaming 'RUTH! START THE VAN!!!!!!!!!!!' Charity disappears and we find her being chased by Josh in the Explorer. WE save her. Long story short(end), we don't get out banner back but out team is in first place.
We got to eat at McDonald's then drive to the lovely Grand Rapids to blacklight bowl. I get one strike and no spares the whole night. I had to be dragged off the, umm, playing area? a few times by Andrew, Jenn, and Kari but I guess we had fun. Okay, blah blah blah.. we drive back. OK. Back at the Rev. We're all hanging out in the gym and Jenn and I are joking around saying "Dude, Green and Blue are gonna be on the edge of their seats wondering which of those two will win and Red will be sitting back cheering for one of those teams and Red will be announced the winner and everyone will be in awe". Guess what? That's exactly what happened. We were in last place after being in first place a few short hours before! No one reacted at first to Red's victory. Blue and Green were just staring with our mouths open and in total shock and it took a good 3 seconds for anyone to react. All I remember is Jenni jumping up and down and screaming and running over to Amber.. Yeah, they were happy. We were mad. But Chelsea is going to drive there anyways and me and Natalie are going with her! I wonder if anyone else is coming.

Wow, that was probably the longest post I've ever made without pictures! My apologies for any spelling and/or grammatical errors. And run-on sentences. And anything that didn't make sense. Woohoo. On Friday I'll make a post about Valley Fair and how many times I didn't puke.


Be Excellent to Each Other!

2 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, August 10, 2005, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Wow. That post is longer than I expected.

 
At 11:46 AM, August 10, 2005, Blogger Natalie said...

summer survivor was awesome. im going to miss going to events and things! i can't wait to go to valley fair!
love, natalie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home